Thank you for choosing Tech-Cor LLC. We value you, respect your privacy and work hard to protect your personal information.
This statement is provided on behalf of Tech-Cor LLC. We would like to explain how we collect, use and share the information we obtain about you in the course of doing business. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information.
Our Privacy Assurance
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliate companies that would use it to contact you about their own products and services, unless permitted pursuant to a joint marketing agreement.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your claims to keep your information confidential.
- We require our employees to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
As you can see, protecting your personal information is important to us. In addition to the practices described above, we use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security measures that help to safeguard your information. For Social Security Numbers (SSN), Date of Birth (DOB), payment information, and other sensitive personal information, this includes restricting access to our employees, agents and others who use such information only as permitted by law, such as to comply with the law, to provide you with products and services or to handle your claims. Our privacy practices continue to apply to your information even if you cease to be an Tech-Cor LLC customer.
What Personal Information Do We Have and Where Do We Get It?
We gather personal information from you and from outside sources for business purposes, including carrying out the requested product or services, responding to customer service requests, administering your account, and sending you newsletters and other service related correspondence. Some examples of the information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, home and e-mail addresses, driver’s license number, date of birth, payment information. Also, we maintain records that include, but are not limited to vehicle repair documentation and repair information inquiry records.
- Evaluate our marketing campaigns
- Analyze how customers use our website and applications
- Develop new services
- Know how many visitors have seen or clicked on our ads
Also, our business partners assist us with monitoring information including, but not limited to, IP addresses, domain names and browser data, which can help us to better understand how visitors use www.tech-cor.com.
We use Mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We will link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
If you choose, your location is obtained from the mobile device or the network using your device’s GPS functionality, or directly from you. We use your location information to search for information you request.
Your location information is stored on Tech-Cor LLC’s servers and retained by Tech-Cor LLC until you delete the application from your device. When we execute such searches on your behalf we do not transfer your identity or personally identifiable information to third parties, other than with service providers necessary to help perform this function. This information is not used to create a profile about you or your activities. To prevent Tech-Cor LLC from using your current location, you can disable the GPS functionality on your mobile device or choose not to submit current location when prompted.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
In the course of normal business activities, we use and share your personal information. We may provide your information to persons or organizations within and outside of Tech-Cor LLC. This would be done as required or permitted by law. For example, we may do this to:
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your vehicle
- Handle your claim with the insurance carrier
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Participate in insurance support organizations
- Send you push notifications. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
The persons or organizations with whom we may share your personal information may include, among others:
- Your agent, broker or Tech-Cor LLC-affiliated companies
- Companies that perform services, such as marketing, credit/debit card processing, and communication services on our behalf
- Business partners that assist us with tracking how visitors use www.tech-cor.com
- Other financial institutions with whom we have a joint marketing agreement
- Other insurance companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you
- Independent claims adjusters
- A business or businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies
- Those who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order
- Repair shops and recommended claims vendors
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
The Internet and Your Information Security
Our web sites, www.tech-cor.com, provides information about us, our products, and the agencies and brokers that represent us. You may also perform some transactions on the web site. This Privacy Statement applies to users of www.tech-cor.com, regardless of whether the user is a Tech-Cor LLC customer. As true of most sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
Cookies allow us to provide you with a more customized service and are used to track and measure Web site usage. This information may be used to manage and customize our Web site’s content, layout, and services in order to improve our site, enhance customer service, and provide tailored messages.
You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and you may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
Although we believe that each of the sites to which we target our ads or from which we collect data should post a privacy statement that fully describes the advertising and data collection activities on its site, we cannot guarantee that all of those sites post such a statement.
We participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more at https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com about how Adobe does this.
How You Can Review and Correct Your Personal Information?
You can request to review your personal information contained in our records at any time. To do this, please send a letter to the address below requesting to see your information for the previous two years. If you believe that our information is incomplete or inaccurate, you can request that we correct it. We will be happy to make corrections whenever possible. We will respond to all such requests within a reasonable timeframe. Please send requests via email to TechCorAppliedResearch@Allstate.com.
Who Should Use Our Web Site?
Our Web site is for collision repair information and services and is not intended for children; we do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of thirteen, please contact us via email to TechCorAppliedResearch@Allstate.com.
Once such request has been received, we will delete this information within a reasonable timeframe.
What Security Procedures Do We Use to Guard Against the Loss, Misuse, Alteration, or Theft of Information While That Information Is Being Submitted to Tech-COR LLC Over the Internet?
To help ensure the security of your personal and financial information that you submit to this site, (other than via an e-mail message), we use security software to encrypt the information before and during its transmission through the Internet. We only allow information to be submitted for transmission if your browser is compatible with our security software. If your browser is not compatible, you will receive a message indicating your transaction can be completed but at a lower level of security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
E-mail messages are not secure. Our security software does not encrypt e-mail messages. E-mail messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet.
You should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information via e-mail. If you are concerned about the security of your communication, we encourage you to send your correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to us. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications you send to us through the Internet using e-mail messages.
What Can You Do as a Customer to Help Maintain the Security of Information When Accessing TECH-COR LLC Over the Internet?
Some steps you can take to maintain the security of your information include:
- Utilize the latest, updated version of your Web browser.
- Keep your User ID and PIN or password confidential. Utilize a PIN or password unique to you and, if possible, change it frequently.
- Make sure others are not watching you enter your User ID, PIN or password
- Do not leave your computer unattended while logged into our website. After you’ve finished accessing your information, exit the website and close your browser window.
Whose Privacy Statement Applies to Links and External Sites?
Tech-Cor LLC provides links to other sites as a convenience to persons who visit the Tech-Cor LLC web site. If you choose to use the services provided by those sites, you may be asked by those sites to provide certain personally identifiable information (some of which may be shared with Tech-Cor LLC). Please be aware that Tech-Cor LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of every Web site that you visit, as the privacy policies of those sites may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to this Web site.
We hope you have found this Important Notice helpful. If you are not comfortable with any of the terms or policies described in this Privacy Statement, we ask that you discontinue use of our site.
We Appreciate Your Business.
Thank you for choosing Tech-Cor LLC. We understand your concerns about privacy and confidentiality and hope this notice has been helpful to you. We value our relationship with you.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy practices, procedures, and terms.