Collision Repair Information
First Responder Information source: Industry sources
OEM Steel Heating Recommendations for Collision Repair (CRI #2008-18) source: Auto Manufacturers
OEM Calibration Requirements Search source: I-CAR
Best Practices for High-Strength Steel Repairs source: I-CAR
Vehicle Maker Steel Names and MPA Range source: I-CAR
List of Vehicles with Boron and UHSS source: boronextrication.com
Weld-Through Primer Guidelines source: I-CAR
Steering & Suspension Component Visual Inspection Guidelines source: Tech-Cor and Industry sources
Wire Damage Evaluation Training for Insurance source: Aeromotive Services Inc.
OEM headlamp tab and mounting bracket repair kits (CRI #2015-04) and
OEM Headlamp Repair Kits (PDF table as of 2-15-13) source: Auto Manufacturers
Recycled Parts Request Form source: I-CAR
CAPA Certified Part Search source: CAPA www.capacertified.org
Provides a database search for CAPA certified parts, decertified parts and deleted parts. All current CAPA certified parts are listed by vehicle application or part manufacturer.
A Guide for Claims Personnel and Insurance Adjusters – Frequently Asked Questions About CAPA
OEM Partial Part Replacement Search source: I-CAR www.i-car.com
Provides a search matrix of partial replacement repair procedures by vehicle year, make, model and body style. Categories include: Front Lower Rail; Pillars, Rocker Panel, or Roof Rail; Rear Rail; and Trunk Floor. The matrix was developed in cooperation with I-CAR, State Farm and Tech-Cor. The contents are based on the information available from vehicle manufacturers.
Vehicle Manufacturer Service Information Matrix source: NASTF www.nastf.org
The Vehicle Manufacturer Service Information Matrix provides information for each vehicle manufacturer on how to obtain service information, tools, and training materials. The matrix is maintained by the National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF). For a listing of website addresses refer to OEM Service Websites and for access fees Service Information Access Charges.
Recalls – Office of Defects Investigation source: NHTSA www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov
(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) Manages motor vehicle related consumer complaints regarding safety, defect investigations and safety recalls. Call the Vehicle Safety Hotline toll free at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT to report safety defects or to obtain information on cars, trucks, child seats, highway or traffic safety.
Passenger Restraint System Information
Vehicle model specific information:
- Audatex estimating system by selecting “Airbag/SRS” from the parts list drop-down menu.
- CCC One® estimating system by selecting “Groups, Restraint Systems, HNotes”.
- Vehicle Platform Summaries (VPS) include a Passenger Restraint Systems section for included models.
- OEM Restraints System Part Replacement Search in the Technical Information section of I-CAR’s website.
Vehicle manufacturer specific information:
- Chrysler Group — Supplemental Restraint System Post Deployment Inspection & Replacement Matrix 2007-2013
- General Motors — Safety System Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision (Document ID: 2322743)
- General Motors — Seat Belts Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision (Document ID: 2133164)
Non-vehicle model specific information:
“Safety Restraint Systems” section of the ATRL.
Audatex North America, Inc. https://www.training.audatex.us
- P-pages: Audatex Database Reference Manual
CCC Information Services Inc. http://ccc.cccis.com
- Crash Course 2019 Report P-pages: Help for CCC/MOTOR Guide To Estimating
CCC One® Repair Methods software offers Allstate adjusters direct access to OEM repair procedures from within the CCC One® estimating system. Resources for more information about CCC One® Repair Methods.
Mitchell International, Inc. https://www.mitchell.com
- Industry Trends Report – Q4 2019 P-pages: Mitchell Estimating Information and Procedure Explanations.
Paint Material Study by Tech-Cor – presented at RCAR 2004 Conference