Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) Information
ADAS – What is ADAS or Advanced Driver Assist? (video) source: Automotive Service Association (ASA)
ADAS Calibration Workflow Process (video) source: AirPro Diagnostics
ADAS Recommended Common Naming for Systems source: SAE International
ADAS Trends and Challenges source: Mitchell International
ADAS Vehicles Are Here… But Are You Ready? source: Mitchell International
CIC – Automotive Scan Diagnostics, Calibration, and Programming source: Collision Industry Conference (CIC)
CIC – Quick Start Guide Pre- and Post-Scanning source: Collision Industry Conference (CIC)
Ford – ADAS Camera Calibration After Windshield Replacement (video) source: Ford Motor Company
Ford – ADAS Collision Report (video) source: Ford Motor Company
Ford and Lincoln – ADAS Job Aid (Component Description, Location and Calibration) source: Ford Motor Company
Honda ADAS Systems – Today and Tomorrow source: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
I-CAR’s ADAS Resource Library source: I-CAR
• ADAS Terms Reference Guide
• ADAS Webinar Series:
1. What’s the fuss about? All Things ADAS (video)
2. Where to Begin with ADAS (video)
3. ADAS and OEM Service Information (video)
4. Get Your Shop Ready! Be Prepared for ADAS Repairs (video)
5. When the ADAS Calibration Does Not Work? (video)
• Collision Repair Diagnostics Definitions
• Collision Reporter: The ADAS Issue, 2020 issue 12 (Prepare now for sweeping changes to vehicles and repairs)
• SEMA Educational Webinar – How ADAS, Calibration, Structure and Wheel Alignments are Connected (video)
Insights & Resources from Chief Technology:
The Future of Collision Repair – Your Guide to ADASsource: Chief Collision Technology
• Dealerships Should Calibrate ADAS In-House: Three Reasons Whysource: Jan 10, 2022
• Why Windshield Repairs Require ADAS Calibrationsource: Oct 20, 2020
• When Should You Perform an ADAS Calibration?source: Sep 10, 2020
• ADAS Repairs: Scanning vs. Calibrationsource: Aug 20, 2020
• Static vs. Dynamic ADAS Calibrationsource: Jul 30, 2020
• What Are ADAS Sensors?source: Jul 9, 2020
• What Do Automated Driver-Assistance Systems Do?source: Jun 11, 2020
• ADAS Calibration and OEM Repair Proceduressource: May 21, 2020
• ADAS: Recalibrating the Collision Repair Industrysource: Apr 14, 2020
• 2020 Collision Repair: Choosing ADAS Calibration Equipmentsource: Mar 31, 2020
• 2020 Collision Repair: Why Does ADAS Calibration Matter?source: Mar 4, 2020
• 2020 Collision Repair: What Is ADAS?source: Feb 5, 2020
• Do you really want to make precise ADAS repairs based on a tape measure?source: Nov 29, 2019
• Shouldn’t ADAS Calibration Systems Be as Advanced as ADAS technology?source: Nov 5, 2019
• Why Everybody’s Talking About ADAS Calibrationsource: Oct 24, 2019
Lidar 101 – How Does Lidar Work (video) source: Velodyne Lidar
GM Driver Assistance Systems – Description and Operation source: General Motors
GM Important Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Considerations source: General Motors
Mercedes-Benz Driver Assistance Systems – Technology Guidesource: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
The Impact of Calibration Needs on Collision Repairsource: M-Power by Mitchell
Toyota Safety Sense™ – active safety technologies and ADAS systems (video)source: Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Collision Repair Information
Wiki Glossary of Terms for the Collision Industry source: Collision Industry Conference (CIC)
First Responder Informationsource: Industry sources
OEM Steel Heating Recommendations for Collision Repairsource: Auto Manufacturers
OEM Calibration Requirements Searchsource: I-CAR
Best Practices for High-Strength Steel Repairssource: I-CAR
Vehicle Maker Steel Names and MPA Rangesource: I-CAR
List of Vehicles with Boron and UHSSsource: BoronExtrication.com
Weld-Through Primer Guidelinessource: I-CAR
Fixed Price Program (FPP) on selected recycled parts onlysource: LKQ Corporation
Steering & Suspension Component Visual Inspection Guidelines source: Tech-Cor and Industry sources
Wire Damage Evaluation Training for Insurance source: Aeromotive Services Inc.
Evaluating Wire Damage and the Corrective Action source: Aeromotive Services Inc.
OEM headlamp tab and mounting bracket repair kits (CRI #2015-04) and
OEM Headlamp Repair Kits (PDF table as of 2-15-13) source: Auto Manufacturers
Recycled Parts Request Form source: I-CAR
ARA Recycled Parts Standards and Codes source: Automotive Recyclers Association
ARA Damage Codes source: Automotive Recyclers Association
CAPA Certified Part Search source: CAPA
Provides a database search for CAPA certified parts, decertified parts and deleted parts. All current CAPA certified parts are listed by vehicle application or part manufacturer.
A Guide for Claims Personnel and Insurance Adjusters – Frequently Asked Questions About CAPA
OEM Partial Part Replacement Search source: I-CAR
Provides a search matrix of partial replacement repair procedures by vehicle year, make, model and body style. Categories include: Front Lower Rail; Pillars, Rocker Panel, or Roof Rail; Rear Rail; and Trunk Floor. The matrix was developed in cooperation with I-CAR, State Farm and Tech-Cor. The contents are based on the information available from vehicle manufacturers.
Vehicle Manufacturer Service Information Matrix source: NASTF
The Vehicle Manufacturer Service Information Matrix provides information for each vehicle manufacturer on how to obtain service information, tools, and training materials. The matrix is maintained by the National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF). For a listing of website addresses refer to OEM Service Websites and for access fees Service Information Access Charges.
OEM Technical Information Matrix source: I-CAR
Provides links to OEM technical information websites.
OEM Bonding Matrix source: VeriFacts Automotive
Provides technical information within the collision repair industry.
Steel/Alloy OEM Wheel Repair Matrix source: VeriFacts Automotive
Provides technical information within the collision repair industry.
Recalls – Office of Defects Investigation source: NHTSA
(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) Manages motor vehicle related consumer complaints regarding safety, defect investigations and safety recalls. Call the Vehicle Safety Hotline toll free at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT to report safety defects or to obtain information on cars, trucks, child seats, highway or traffic safety.
Tesla Toolbox Information source: Tesla
• Tesla – BR-16-92-004-R3 Toolbox Labor Times (06-2022)
• Tesla – BR-16-92-003-R1 Performing Toolbox Operations After Common Model S Repairs
Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Information
HV Disconnecting Procedure Status Cards, I-CAR Best Practice source: I-CAR
HV Safety Protocol, I-CAR Best Practice source: I-CAR
Ford and Lincoln – Battery Electric Vehicle High Voltage Battery Inspection Job Aid source: Ford
Hybrid Vehicle Specialty Equipment:
• Acura – Battery Lifting Kits, Insulated Tools, Protection Products
• Honda – Battery Lifting Kits, Insulated Tools, Protection Products
Vehicle Manufacturer Repair News
Ford On Target – 2021 Volume 4 source: Ford Motor Company
Ford On Target – 2021 Volume 3 source: Ford Motor Company
Ford On Target – 2021 Volume 2 source: Ford Motor Company
Ford On Target – 2021 Volume 1 source: Ford Motor Company
Ford On Target – 2020 Volume 4 source: Ford Motor Company
GM Repair Insights 2022-2 Spring source: General Motors
GM Repair Insights 2022-1 Winter source: General Motors
GM Repair Insights 2021-4 Fall source: General Motors
GM Repair Insights 2021-3 Summer source: General Motors
GM Repair Insights 2021-2 Spring source: General Motors
Toyota Collision Pros – 2021 Issue 2 source: Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Toyota Collision Pros – 2021 Issue 1 source: Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Toyota Collision Pros – 2020 Issue 2 source: Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Toyota Collision Pros – 2020 Issue 1 source: Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Toyota Collision Pros – 2019 Issue 3 source: Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Estimating System Providers – Publications and P-pages
Audatex North America, Inc. www.training.audatex.us
- P-pages: Audatex Database Reference Manual
CCC Information Services Inc. cccis.com
- Crash Course Report – 2022 All-In FinalP-pages: Help for CCC/MOTOR Guide To Estimating
CCC One® Repair Methods software offers Allstate adjusters direct access to OEM repair procedures from within the CCC One® estimating system. Resources for more information about CCC One® Repair Methods.
Mitchell International, Inc. www.mitchell.com
- Industry Trends Report – 2021 Q2 P-pages: Mitchell Estimating Information and Procedure Explanations.
Passenger Restraint System Information
Vehicle model specific information:
- CCC One® estimating system by selecting “Groups, Restraint Systems, HNotes”.
- Vehicle Platform Summaries (VPS) include a Passenger Restraint Systems section for included models.
- OEM Restraints System Part Replacement Search in the Technical Information section of I-CAR’s website.
Vehicle manufacturer specific information:
- Chrysler Group – Supplemental Restraint System Post Deployment Inspection & Replacement Matrix 2007-2013
- General Motors – Safety System Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision (Document ID: 2322743)
- General Motors – Seat Belts Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision (Document ID: 2133164)
Non-vehicle model specific information:
“Safety Restraint Systems” section of the Technical Reference.